Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Podcasts

I hear of podcasts; I hear podcasts! Great potential, certainly a hope for those more oriented to receiving information via auditory mode. As this is NOT my preference - for linear thought - I am somewhat less enthralled, but I certainly commend the availability of technology that would be meaningful to many. Myself, I prefer auditory mode for abstract experiential - read music. For words and exposition of linear information, I much prefer reading as I can control my intake review for optimum comprehension. Auditory is for me a place for intuitive expansiveness, NOT work! To each his own... I added the RSS feeds for SirsiDynix Institute and Open Stacks to my Bloglines account. SirsiDynix Institute seems relatively sophisticated.

The array of podcasts is very catch-as-catch-can at this point in history. In my opinion, the present indexing is lacking in vision. I foresee a task ahead for the MLS and related specialties.
We need content analysis acuity as well as technical facility to make complex information access both comprehensive and humanly possible.

No comments: